1. How long have you been at Zenith?
I started working at Zenith in October 2012. At the time, I was employed as a Senior Investment Analyst.
2. What is your role at Zenith?
Presently, I’m the Head of Australian Fixed Interest and Multi-Asset investment research. I manage the fund research and ratings across the multi-asset, real return and Australian fixed income sectors.
3. What is it like to work for Zenith?
Zenith is such a great place to work. From the moment you walk in the front door of the office (or dial in virtually), you’re hit by a wave of positive energy. It gives you a feeling that you’re part of something bigger, something that matters.
It’s not easy to clock up 10 years with the same organisation. But at Zenith, the time has just flown by and in reflecting upon why, I couldn’t pin it down to just a single reason, but I rather believe it’s a combination of many factors.
- Being an analyst has permitted me to gain access to some of the most talented and progressive investment professionals around the world. The knowledge transfer is continuous, and I really enjoy gaining access to some of the most contemporary research and insights across the globe.
- It’s great to work with a group of like-minded people that pride themselves on professional development and doing what’s best for the end consumer of our research.
- Zenith fosters an environment in which people come first. There are times where we face challenges in our personal life such as the birth of a child, passing of a loved one, sickness, COVID-19 and so on. Through these times, it has been amazing to have the support from Zenith and my colleagues who have helped me through the years.
- I really enjoy working with the people at Zenith. Everyone has a voice; we respect each other’s opinions and enjoy spending time together. While we work hard, we also have lots of fun together.
- I love the open-door policy of Zenith. No matter what your standing is in the corporate hierarchy, the executive team is always available to chat with, bounce ideas off and ask for advice more broadly.
- I really resonate with Zenith’s conviction-based approach to research. We’re focused on identifying quality investment propositions and sustainable businesses. Over the years, as Zenith has grown, it’s been reassuring to see that there’s been no change to our core value proposition, which is in stark contrast to other commercially driven models.
Zenith has become my home away from home, one where I feel welcomed, my views are respected, and a place where I’ve made many lasting friendships and connections. Here’s to the next 10 years!
What’s your advice to the budding analysts out there?
At times it’s challenging to build a career as an analyst. That said, it’s highly rewarding.
If you like working in a dynamic and progressive profession, wish to travel the world, gain access to some of the greatest investors, have a desire for continuous development and are not afraid to work hard, then I suggest you try your hand working as a Fund’s Management Research Analyst.